Unit4 Astronomy:the science of stars (語法限時訓練)
姓名：_______ 班級_______組號：______ 時間:40分鐘 基礎練習 Ⅰ．選擇題：
1. _____ as much as one-fifth of all timber harvested is not used. A. The estimate B. The estimate C. They are estimated D. It is estimated that 2. _____ some mammals came to live in the sea is not known.
A. Which B. Since C. Although D. How
3. _____ we have achieved is attributed to the guidance of our parents. A. Whoever B. Whatever C. However D. That 4. _____ wealthy does not necessarily mean that a man is greedy. A. For the reason that he is B. Just because he is C. The reason of being D. That he is
5. Although _____ happened in this developed country sounds like science fiction, it could occur elsewhere in the world.
A. which B. what C. how D. it
6. _____ she had forgotten to take her notebook.
A. That occurred to her B. She occurred that C. To her that occurred D. It occurred to her that
7. I am sure that _____ she said is wrong.
A. which B. all C. this D. what
8. We lost our way in the forest, and _____ made matters worse was that it was getting dark.
A. that B. which C. it D. what
9. _____ some mammals came to live in the sea is not known.
A. Which B. Since C. Although D. How
10. _____ or not is still uncertain.
A. He’s coming B. If he is coming
C. That coming D. Whether he’s coming 11. It’s _____ he’ll be able to come.
A. doubt whether B. doubtful C. doubt it D. doubtful whether
12. _____ he is at work in the heart of the big city or at home in the quiet suburb, Dick’s life is tied to machines.
A. Whether B. Till C. If D. Unless
13. _____ he saw both surprised and frightened him.
A. That B. When C. What D. Which
14. _____ is a spell of warm sunshine.
A. What do we all need. B. What all we need C. What we need D. What we all need 15. _____ is a pity that he should feel so upset.
A. What B. That C. He D. It
16. _____ a spoonful of soil can tell us so much about the structure and early history of the moon.
A. Remarkable B. Quite remarkably C. It is remarkable that D. It is remarkable fact that
17. _____ you nominate will be elected.
A. Who B. Whom C. Whomever
18. _____ book you borrow must be returned within a week.
A. What B. Which C. Whichever D. That’s
19. _____ of us gets home first starts cooking.
A. Who B. Which C. Whichever D. Anyone
20. _____orders he gives are obeyed.
A. Whichever B. Which C. Whatever D. What
1. has helped to save the drowning girl is worth praising. A. Who B.The one C.Anyone D.Whoever 2.It was he said disappointed me. A.what that B.that; that C.what;what D.that;what 3. we’ll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather A.If B.Whether C.That D.Where 4. he said at the meeting surprised everybody present. A.What B. That C.The fact D.The matter
5. was to return to school.
A.That really interested him B.What really interested him C.Which really interested him D.That interest him really
6、 he made an important speech at the meeting was true. A. That B. Why C. What D. How
7、 we’ll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather . A If B Whether C That D Where
8. is known to us all that America is a developed country .
A Which B as C What D It 9、What I say none of your business. A. is B. are C. has D have 10. It’s known to us all a form of energy .
A. water is B. that water is C. is water D. that water to 11.________ makes mistakes must correct them. A. What B. That C. Whoever D. Whatever
12. It worried her a bit ____ her hair was turning grey. A. while B. that C. if D. for
13.When and why he came here ________ yet.
A. is not known B. are not known C. has not known D. have not known
14. ________ is no reason for dismissing her.
A. Because she was a few minutes late B. Owing to a few minutes late
C. The fact that she was a few minutes late D. Being a few minutes late
15. ________ Tom liked to eat was different from ________. A. That…that you had expected B. What …that you had expected C. That…what you had expected D. What…what you had expected 16.________ we go swimming every day ________ us a lot of good. A. If...do B. That...do C. If...does D. That...does 17.It ________ Bob drives badly.
A. thinks that B. is thought what C. thought that D. is thought that 18.It's uncertain ________ the experiment is worth doing. A. if B. that C. whether D. how
19.________ the boy didn't take medicine made his mother angry. A. That B. What C. How D. Which
20.____ we can't get seems better than ____ we have.